Welcome to Pursuit Boats Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Pursuit Boats to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Pursuit Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Pursuit or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on PursuitBoatOwners.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Forum Upgrade - Status Update

Site News and Announcements by the PBO administrators.

Topic author
YOLO

Forum Upgrade - Status Update

Postby YOLO » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:03 pm

I finally have some free time so I will be starting the upgrade of the forum. The upgrade will be done in several phases over the next few weeks.

Phase One: Convert the current software database from Access to MSSQL - COMPLETE

Phase Two: Migrate the new MSSQL database to a new software database structure utilizing MySQL. Because of the age of the software we are currently using there are very few options for the conversion. I have to first migrate the data to vBulletin database structure, then migrate it to a MyBB database structure, and finally migrate it to the phpBB3 database.

When I reach phase TWO several things will happen. The first, and most important, is that passwords WILL NOT MIGRATE. You will be required to reset your password via a link on the new forum.

I have been through this process before and it's very painful on my end. The nasty emails about resetting passwords gets old real quick... so please READ the instructions that you are given at the time of the change!

IMPORTANT: Now would be a good time to check that you have a current email address set up in your profile! Email notices will be sent out with full password reset instructions.

Topic author
YOLO

Re: Forum Upgrade - Status Update

Postby YOLO » Mon May 04, 2015 1:41 pm

The migration is finally complete!

Current Members: To login you'll need to use this link ucp.php?mode=sendpassword

Return to “Site News and Announcements”